Love is in the Air - Actress Ramya Tattoo

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

RAMYA INKS HER LOVE

The actor tattoos boyfriend Raphael’s name in Hebrew on the nape of her neck

Ramya is in love. And she’s determined to show the world how much her relationship with Raphael means to her by inking his name on her body. “I’ve got a tattoo of my boyfriend Raphael’s name. It’s an interesting tattoo done in a different script, a Hebrew inking. While Raphael means saint, in Hebrew it also translates as I’m blessed. That’s why I opted to get the tattoo in that language,” explains Ramya, adding that Raphael himself doesn’t know Hebrew. And while she’s excited about her new body art, she’s in no mood to divulge where and when she got the inking done. “That’s very personal,” says Ramya. But given that Ramya is not the first star to ink a loved one’s name on the body, did she take inspiration from any celebrity? “Raphael is my inspiration. I don’t imitate anybody’s work. This is my way of appreciating our relationship. My life has been better ever since Raphael has come into it,” she says. Portuguese Raphael, meanwhile, has been keeping a track of Ramya’s work, since she makes sure that he watches her films.

“Recently, I got him to watch Sanju Weds Geetha and Johnny Mera Naam. I had to translate the dialogues and explain each scene to him. He totally loved the experience,” says Ramya, who’s currently in Mysore, shooting for her new film Siddlingu.
.
.